Monday 10 March 2008

Blackout! Update

****Update*****

The Plumber came yesterday and put in a whole new hot water heater!! So now finally I have both hot water and Electricity!! Yey!!!


Well as I predicted, the electricity went off again last night, I had to rush around trying to wash and dry my hair before 11!! To make matters worse there was hardly any hot water, even with the hot tap on full it was only lukewarm for 10 mins!!

So I went down and told the caretaker about the problems with the electricity, apparently it's happend to a few other people, and is caused by the Hot water tank! I'm not quite sure how that explains why it turned off at a certain time and worked again in the morning, but he's turned of the hot water tank, so I now should have electricity, but no hot water!! He said that he was going to tell the people who own the building, so hopefully they should sort it, but he didn't know how long that would take!!

Meanwhile, the weather seems determined not to make me homesick, as the storms which are currently battering southern England are making their presence known in Northern France too!!! I think I'm going to get wet getting to work today!!!

No comments: